1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cable operated western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by paul soccodato, Dec 11, 2002.

1. paul soccodato

paul soccodato Senior Member

i did a search and came up with some good info, but i need to know the proper way of adjusting the cables and the valve on the back of the unit. problem is sometimes the plow goes up fine, and sometimes it goes up real slow. but as its going up slow, i can put it back down, and it goes up fine the next time up. i rebuilt the unit 2 years ago and its been great.this problem just started this year. i would also like to slow down the drop speed. any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Cwlo1448

Cwlo1448 Junior Member
    from Chicago

Cable Adjustment

You need to adjust your lift cable. Where it enters the pump, there is a small allen head set screw that secures it. Loosen the allen screw, and adjust the how far the cable end fits into the pump. When you find a level that gives you a nice gentle drop, and good lift, then tighten down the allen screw.