1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cable Lock

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by dieseltroop, Jan 20, 2005.

1. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Does anyone use a cable lock type of contraption to raise the RPM's on there Dodge cummins diesel. I have the flash enabled for the computer to raise the RPM, but it doesn't always do and I don't like to leave it idle for great length of time. I am looking for something as simple as just attactching the cable lock to the accel. pedal. Also was wondering if anyone has any info. on a switch that could be turned on and allow the operator to take the key out of the ignition, and lock the truck up. And if anyone tried to break in a take the truck, the engine would kill if the brake pedal, ect. was depressed.

Thanks

2. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

As far as the cable, I have no idea...as far as removing the key from the ignition, there are remote starters designed for diesel engines. I just purchased an Astrostart for my chevy 1/2 ton and this system is also designed for diesel engines.

Steve

3. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

Thanks for the info. I have thought about one, but don't feel I need one at this point. I just want something that I can pull the key out of the ignition say while I run into the store to grab something. Thanks again