1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cable joystick mounting 91 F250

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigRigTech, Nov 26, 2008.

1. BigRigTech

BigRigTech Junior Member

I have a 1991 F250 4x4 with a 7.3L and 5spd. I have older Fisher head gear with a Fisher belt driven pump and cable controls and a Diamond blade (The fisher blade is here but it's in rough shape). I have the pump mounted to the engine (removed my A/C pump for the winter) My cables are 91" long, there is a goos spot to mount the valvebody on the pass side inner fender - the cables will reach with a lazy 90* turn. I can't figure out the best way/place to mount the joystick in the cab and the Fisher site doesn't show the attachment kit that they speak of in the installation instructions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

most all old speedcaster jsticks were under headlight switch area.

kind of a pain if you ask me. i custom mounted mine in my 73-87 chevy were the a/c duct would have been if equiped in the dash next to the headlight switch. now its super easy to use. i rest my hand on my knee and run the jstick with easy.

3. BigRigTech

BigRigTech Junior Member

I made a bracket to mount it, all installed. I just need to brace the bracket to make it a little more sturdy....Next up is to mod the mount, the frame plates I have are for a gas F250 and won't clear my diesel rad support so I need to re-work them a little. I couldn't find a diesel F350 mount locally to save my life and they are obsolete from Fisher.