1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cable Controlled Power pack leaking at Angle valve

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Proplower85, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Proplower85

Proplower85 Junior Member
    from NH

I don't know why this is happening It just happened tonight it is spewing hydraulic fluid all over the place. I need both the covers for the pump the one for the lift and lower and also the one for the angling. I don't think this has anything to do with the leak as it isn't behind the cover it is where the 2 piece go together and then bolt to the reservoir any ideas anyone?

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Do you mean the hex looking assembly for the angle valve is where its leaking, between the valve and the rectangle block? or between the block and reservoir? Maybe the hose or coupler is leaking and it just looks like the valve. Have someone move the controls while your looking at it.
    I have the covers in stock.

3. Proplower85

from NH

yes between the hex looking block and the rectangle block.. where are you located? the valve would stick and then it broke the end off while I was looking at the leak.. I have to get a new cable before I can continue testing..

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The hex looking (angle valve section) has o rings, and seals within..one or more may have gone bad. It maybe just as simple as tightening it up the valve body to the reservoir.

Here is a mechanics guide to your pump, scroll down to pages titled 5-3 and on, there is some good breakdown pics to give you a better idea of where the fluid is coming from.

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/62880.pdf

The covers you're referring to:

Hex (angle) valve part numbers:
    Gasket 5840
    Cover 6573

Rectangle (raise & lower) valve part numbers:
    Gasket 5837
    Cover 6572

Your talking under $10 for all of it...

5. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

There is an o ring on the shaft of the angle valve that keeps the fluid from coming out and a gasket between the angle valve and the valve block. Make sure the bolts are tight on the angle valve block, and make sure the leak isent coming from the inside of the valve and not between the cases.
    I am in IL

6. Proplower85

from NH

I have bought the new cable. I have purchased a 109" cable... However the cable doesn't seem to have enough travel to angle both ways. This isn't the adjustable style cable. The leak is definately between the 2 blocks as well. I have tightened them up as much as I can without snapping the bolts and the leak has slowed until the unit gets warm at all... I bought this unit used so I don't know much about it. Anyone in the NH area that knows where I can go to have it completely rebuilt and how much it may cost. with the correct cables if the one I purchased is incorrect. Thank you. This is the 1st electric Hydraulic I have owned. I can fix and adjust me older speedcaster unit just fine this is a new area to me as the control cables aren't adjustable individually etc. thank you. :

7. Proplower85

from NH

I have gotten the blade to angle Correctly. Is there anyone in the new england area where I can go to pick up the angle valve seal kit and the covers. I am located in NH. Thank you.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Lang's in Rye, NH is the cheapest. they also ship.