1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cable adjustment for up and down

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by terry504, Dec 26, 2009.

1. terry504

terry504 Junior Member

:angry:hey guys, i got a cable style western that stopped going up, i want to make the cable adjustment but can get the screw to move, been at it for days but it wont budge, took the lock screw out the top and still nothing. i know thats the problem cause when i take the cable off and turn it past the 45 degree angle, the plow comes up but not with the cable installed cause the cable wont let it go past the angle needed. any suggestions??
  2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Its been 20 years since I had my Western....never did get those set screws loose......Is there a way you can adjust it at the "T" handle end so it pulls a bit more? Your cable has probably gotten stretched....maybe a new one is needed.
  3. terry504

terry504 Junior Member

i thought about a new cable but if i install a new cable it still has to go past the 45 degree angle to raise, telling me that it would still be needing an adjustment to operate. i will try a new cable today anyway just to see. but i still think its an adjustment problem.