1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cab marker strobe

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Nov 19, 2007.

1. i want to stobe my cab markers wondering what have to do to do that what kit have to buy do just tap into the excisting wires and just use the bulbs that are in there.
  2. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

payup You're talking big money to do this. You have to buy all new replacement markers with the bulbs and strobes in once housing, and run all the strobe wires up the pillars and into the headliner to connect all the strobes.
  3. were would you get something like that i just thought about to the end ones or two of the middle.wiring not a problem really good like doing that.
  4. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Ive seen it done, but they get hot and melt the covers
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i wanted to put them in my lights too but was told the same thing about getting hot
  6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

which lights?
  7. Doghouse2

Doghouse2 Junior Member

I ended up getting 1 watt leds and mounting them in the marker lights. Two on each outside and eight in the middle bar. Because the marker light's lenses are diffuser type, it ends up more of a glowing light than a piercing light. But it's effective nevertheless.
  8. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

I have been playing with this idea for some time now and believe there are two different ways to do this, one would be install a headlight flasher to your existing clearance lights so that they will wig wag (alternate) the other option i believe will work would be to mount a small LED light in the Clearance light housing i as thinking of using this, http://www.sirennet.com/wh0s-0--cr.html the flange pops right off and these lights are bright for there size
  9. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

JTS, take Blue Line's advice. He is an extremely knowledgeable guy....I have dealt with him before......Guy knows his stuff very well....You should see how that F-150 in his sig is hooked up.....