1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab marker light swap.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Duncan90si, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Does anyone know if the newer 3 piece 99 and up cab marker/clearance lights will go on a 88-98 body style with the OEM 5 piece lights. I know I could probably get them to work, but I was curious about the alignment of the holes and how they contour to the curve of the roof. Unless it would happen to be a direct swap I probably won't bother doing it. I know its a long shot and they probably won't work. It was just a little brainstorm I had.

2. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

There is 5 holes on the 88-98 and only 3 on the newer. They are sperate lights. so regardless if they line up with 3 of the holes or not you will still have 2 holes in the roof. Not a very good idea. Unless you live in a place that there is NO precipitation:dizzy: at all

3. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

Sure, there will be extra holes, but would the larger center light cover all three previous holes? With some silicone, it could maybe be made waterproof, as long as the contour was close, which is what I think was his original question.

4. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

That would have to be one big center light. As the 3 middle ones cover about a 20 inch or more spread.