1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab Marker Light Placement

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JCI Trans, Oct 14, 2009.

1. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I will be installing a recon 5 pc. LED kit on my friends '98 chevy reg cab long bed 2500. Does anyone know the factory spacing of these lights? Its becoming difficult to find a truck around here to pull measurements off of. I did my old truck a few years ago and was able to take measurements off of a verizon bucket truck, but they dont park they're trucks there anymore. Thanks in advance! :drinkup:

2. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Looks great, thanks!

4. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I just read that over and it is for the 3 piece lights . I am installing the 5 piece lights, recon doesnt show instructions for that on their site, so i assume the instructions wouldnt either.

5. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

My 98 K3500 has the factory cab lights. I can take measurements if you still need them.

Wayne

6. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I just went out and measured and here is what I got. My measurements are from the middle of each screw to the edges of the roof on the front and sides and from middle of screw to middle of screw on the middle lights.

from front edge of roof by windshield to screws is 2 1/2" This is for all lights. I didn't measure from screw to screw on the lights themselves but you can figure that out.
    from edge of roof by doors to front screw is 5" and the back screw is 4/12" to edge of roof. This is for the outer lights.
    from middle screw to middle screw on the middle lights is 6 1/2"

Hope this helps.

Wayne

7. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Thanks wayne, but i think he decided to go with the new style 3 piece lights. If he changes his mind I'll let you knowm. Thanks again! - chris

8. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

That was what I was going to do also, but after I bought them and set them up on the roof, they just didn't look right to me and I went and bought the original style lights for that year truck. I still have the three piece light set sitting on my shelf after six years.

Wayne