1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab lites....what do you think?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Nov 14, 2003.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I was thinking of getting cab lites (the 5 small lites on top of the cab) installed on my '02 2500 HD, does anyone know how much that would cost? I was thinking they would improve visibility plus I like the way they look.

Thanks for any opinions,

Joel B.
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I installed a set on my truck last fall. I didnt take any pictures of the process, but it only took me about 2 hours, there are some pictures on my homepage. Link's at the bottom of the page.
  3. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

I have installed them myself on one truck I owned, parts cost about $100.00 with wiring harness. Both a new Ford last January and had the dealer install them cost me $275.00. If you can do it your self you'd save a bundle. All it takes it time and patience.
  4. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I forgot to memtion, I got the kit from JCWhitney, made by Pacer Performace, it cost me about $27.00, I priced them from the dealer, it was over $200
  5. Lawn Lad

Lawn Lad Senior Member

I have roof lights put on my new trucks, cost about $200.00 installed by a company that puts on aftermarket products. I prefer the five single lights as opposed to the one large center light with two smaller outer ones that the GM's come with now.

As well, what is a 3/4 ton truck without roof lights? I also think it improves visability - people are more likely to see you if you have the lights than if you don't.