1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cab lights

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by oldbluehairhemi, Jan 9, 2012.

1. oldbluehairhemi

oldbluehairhemi Senior Member

I ordered a set of smoked led cab lights for my truck and they came today. the factory lights have screws on the sides the new ones have screws front and back. anyone else have this problem? or maybe someone added cab lights the truck along the way?

2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Perhaps the hole location changes from generation to generation. Myself if they look the same but the hole location are different then seam seal the old holes shut and re drill the new ones adding more sealer

3. oldbluehairhemi

thats what im gonna do but just seeing if anyone had a similar issue. will clear silicone work for sealing them?

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

It will but not the best. Find a local body supply shop and buy a tube of automotive seam sealer. It comes in various colours and is applied just like houshold stuff.

5. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

are you sure you ordered the right model year lights? 1st and 2nd gen lights have different hole locations that 3rd gen trucks.

6. oldbluehairhemi

yes i did. i have an 04 truck and bought cab lights to fit 03-08 model years.

7. Ram 08

Ram 08 Member

Who did you order the lights from. I ordered smoked cab lights from Recon a couple years ago for my 08 Ram and they have screws front and back and so does my oem lights. I'm surprised yours are on the side. They had them listed as 03-09

8. oldbluehairhemi

i got them off ebay but they are recon lights. im beginning to think that the truck didn't have factory cab lights and the ones on there now were added later on, because all the mopar accessories cab lights for all years have screw holes on the sides. i'm gonna make new holes just don't want any leaks.