1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab Lights, Yay or Nay, Should I put them on?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kemmer, Mar 2, 2005.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Im deciding if i should put them on. Tell me what you think. I just placed them on so they may be alittle off center.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

3. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

I'm going to say no. But that's a personal opinion. I've never been a big fan of 'em. But if ya like 'em, don't listen to me! :D

4. rtm038

rtm038 Senior Member
    from NJ

Looks better with them on, then again, I like cab lights on a pick-up.

5. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

I agree I am a fan of cab lights. I don't really care as much tho for the 3 piece ones like those. I'd still put those one, but I know i seen somewhere you can get the chevy style ones cept 5 of the small ones.

6. wddodge

wddodge Member

I vote for leaving them off. Why drill holes in a perfectly good roof so water will leak in when you least want it to.

7. Ian

Ian Member

I like them for the most part and my dodge already had them. Would I go to the trouble to add them? Probably not. Something about drilling holes in a perfectly good roof that would descourage me. Kind of like what wddodge said.

It's all a matter of taste.

8. motorider000

motorider000 Senior Member

.........nay...........

9. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

I vote yes, and the factory drills/cuts holes in the roof for them, so how is this any different? They make special tools for adding roof clearance lights. A truck I'm looking to buy doesn't have them, and it will be one of the first additions I make, as I think they make a truck a truck. Just my own opinion though...

10. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Hey Snowyleaf, how much are those? I just ordered a 2005 2500hd and they were an $85.00 option. I thought that was a good price, installed and all.

11. calhoun

calhoun Senior Member

Any truck, I have had with clearance lights, has had rust problems around the lights. (even oem installed) If they are not required I would leave them off.

12. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

Thanks for the quick replys, im still unsure of the lights, i think it might just be the color of the truck. I know theses lights look really good on black trucks.

badranman- i got them for $65 on ebay.

I think im gonna have the dealership install them, that way they can do it properly and they have a harness that it needs anyways. Also i can get 2 birds with one stone because i have to take the truck in sometime cause i have this terrible rattle when i accelerate. Hopefully i cut down on the cost of them putting the lights in by buying the lights aftermarket.

13. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

i would have to say it looks better with them

14. kpmurfy15

kpmurfy15 Junior Member

I say put them on. I think it makes the truck completely different, especially at night. I put them on my 97 F-350, took less than 2 hours, and they dont leak one bit. I put some silicone on them just in case. You should buy a wiring harness form the dealer if you put them yourself, makes it a whole lot easier.

Pat

15. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Put them on. I'm gonna do some on my truck when the weather gets nice.

16. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I say no and my reason is more than a style reason, without them you have more clearence, so if you ever take it into a parking garage it will barly clear, with the light you will hit. That is my reason for saying no, because you never know when a clearence issue will come into play.
    just something to thing about.

17. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

NEUSWEDE- that could be an issue but i have the backrack sticking up in the back about 2-4" so that would hit if anything.

18. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

I say add them. I personally like the look of chevys with the cab lights on them. I want to add them to my HD when I get some fundage.

William

19. tawilson

tawilson Senior Member

Nay, neigh, nix. Sorry, needed ten letters.

20. Ken1zk

Ken1zk Senior Member

Im with Dieselgeek on this one, makes the truck look more like a truck. Saw a guy who has strobes in his, looked cool.