1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab lights, which ones

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by vincent, Feb 22, 2010.

1. vincent

vincent Senior Member

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I've been meaning to go shopping for a set of LED ones...Thanks for the leg work man lol.

I'll stay tuned for hopeful feedback.

3. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

You want led lights? And what body style truck are they going on?

4. vincent

vincent Senior Member

NBS 08, led would be fine

5. CaptainSmokey

CaptainSmokey Senior Member

go with the recon lights

6. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

you can buy just LED bulbs to put in there. thats what I did on my ford. Depending on the orientation of the bulb housing you need to make sure you get the kind that light up 360* or just facing "up". superbrightleds.com has both kinds, make sure you get the brightest style ones you can. they ones I have are brighter than regular bulbs.

7. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I put the recons on my '02, they look pretty sharp. I also just put a set of the newer style ones (08 and up i believe) recons on my friends 98. He got them in the smoked color, so when theyre off you can barely notice they are there against the maroon paint.

8. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

9. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Those are pretty sharp. :nod:

10. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

...like those recons...but...if I read the site right...if you have cab lights, you disregard the wiring harness shipped with them?

11. dupupp

dupupp Member

I just put a set on my 05 crewcab-went with the recon smoked-they are sharp! I did not have cab lights so I had to run wires and drill holes.

12. BoyneCityGuy

BoyneCityGuy Senior Member

how was the install wiring wise? did you have wires in the headliner already? i would really like clearance lights, but have a really tough time drilling the roof of a new truck...also do they secure to the roof thru the wiring hole (like a threaded post and nut) or glue or screws? i really like the recons, just looking for a little insight.

thanks!

13. dupupp

dupupp Member

The install was fairly easy. I did not have wires already there so I ran them from the passenger side dash area where the plug in from the factory. My dad has the same truck so I took measurements from his truck. Drilling was not bad at all-just drilled smaller holes and used the screws that recon provided. Also u do not have to take the headliner completly out-just the visors and center console up top and the liner will drop down far enough to do the work. Let me know if you have any more questions.

14. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

I just installed the stock lights on my truck from LMC and had to drill holes and run wires, not fun but they look good. Just make sure you measure 6 or 7 times and drill once and also use a dab of silicone for the screws so you dont have any leaks. Also make sure you protect your wires that have a chance of rubbing on anything with tubing or heat shrink to protect from a short. I had a set of the recon smoked leds on my old s10 and they looked good and were small, I just didnt like the look of the center bar having lights all the way across, I like the 3 bulbs better.
    pic of my truck with lights on.

007.jpg

15. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I installed the pacers, nice lights.