1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab heaters...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

For those who have that cube looking aftermarket heater for the tractor cabs (the ones that tie into the coolant) how well do they work for heating and defrosting and keeping the windshield clear. Yes I'm still looking online for different heaters but not coming up with much due to the cab being tight. I was thinking about the 16,000 or 20,000 BTU units.
  2. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

We have one in our new holland lx885. It truely does a great job. Ours has a high and a low speed fan. Great purchase
  3. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

you can get ones up to 36 000 btu, we use twin fan ones they are long and narrow, put out great heat, look up princess auto, online, they are a canadian company but they carry them
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Where did you mount it? Typically its mounted by your feet but Ive seen it in other places.
  5. JoeCool

JoeCool Senior Member
    from Canada

Had a cube one in a gas engine tandem dump for snow removal. I bet the driver's window was 1/2 down most of the time I worked... almost too hot! I also had one in my Champion grader. It was more like a panel, thinner but long and wide. That was quite a few years ago and I am not sure if it was factory or added but I have seen them used in other machines just like the cube would be. It might be better for a tight cab to have one of these smaller (like buckwheat said) panel-type?
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  6. blizzardsnow

blizzardsnow Member

In our skid loader it was mounted above and behind the left shoulder. We thought it would get in the way but it doesn't.