1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab Heaters

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Racer28s, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Racer28s

Racer28s Junior Member

What is the best and most econimical cab heater for a skid steer, we made a enclosed cab now need an aftermarket heater.

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

3. Brad3403

Brad3403 Senior Member
    from Alberta

A candle.
  4. Maxamillion67

Maxamillion67 Member

5. MDSP

MDSP Member

6. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

check Northern Tool
  7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Has anyone heard of a 12v strictly electric heater for a skiddy. I had a guy tell me that there is somthing called a Quartz Heater for a skiddy.

I have a 863 with the oil cooled dutez motor and the options for heaters are limited that allow for oil to be the heating source.

I don't feel like breaking the bank on a heater.
  8. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I use to have old toyota landcruisers the fj40 , they had a second heater in the back with its own fan built in , its been on a shelf for 15 years I am installing it in a 751 this weekend
  9. bighornjd

bighornjd Senior Member

Summit racing! They have several options of sizes and styles to mount in tight spots. These are like the ebay units posted above that use engine coolant in a fan-coil unit but you get more options than just a box in case you have a skid with limited space like me and don't have room for the box type. i think they are cheaper too. I ordered mine and had it a day and a half later on my doorstep. looks like good quality but I can't give much of a review since I haven't had time to install it. But definately check out their website. I was pleasantly surprised with what they had and their prices. Good luck.
  10. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

I have a 863 Bobcat also and I installed a heater from a junk Gehl skid steer with a Deutz engine. Alot of those box heaters will work with oil instead of antifreeze. The electric heaters arent worth a thing in my opinion. I mounted the heater on the left side of the seat shoulder heighth. Works good.
  11. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  12. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

13. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We just put one in ours, it was a Marauder....."Ma" something. they are out of Cleveland. Its a 8500btu that hooks up to your heater hoses, bla, bla, bla and is very toasty. We had to install it between your legs/feet area. Google cab heaters.
  14. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

If you want to put it to the test send one to michigan also. Just need to keep the windows from fogging up
  15. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Ha Ha picture that