1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab heater pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Nov 21, 2010.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys,
    anyone have any pics of their aftermarket heaters installed in their skids. wanting to judge some of the different sizes and placements
    thanks,
    steve

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I dont have a pic but I have a 8"x8" cube heater the dealer installed on the hump between your feet. It blows out right up the front window and both sides of your legs. They mounted the controls on the next level of the hump. It makes it tricky getting in and out but your really limited to where you can put aftermarket heaters.

3. xtreem3d

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Yeah kind of,lol. They put a shut off valve on the lines right under the seat that flips right up so I have to disconnect the lines at that valve then the whole steel assembly comes off. I think its a 8500 or 12500btu. I've sat in it for about 15-20 minutes and the outside temp was about 40 and it started getting too hot with sneakers, running pants and a hoodie on with the blower on med.

5. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Interested also in information

extream3 have you found any photos?
    Brian
    My heater hasn't arrived yet
    Did bobcat fabricate these platforms, do you mean this heater can be taken out completely once you disconnect it at the shutoff valve?
    if so I wasn't aware of this {Entire steel assembly}
    How many inches off the floor does this sit, I know you mentioned it was about 4" away from the seat in a private message
    I placed a battery in my cab on the floor and it is really a pain getting in and little room even for side vents
    I might try having a rear window mount, my cab must be smaller then yours

6. xtreem3d

I haven't found any pics but can take some pics of my install. i bought my unit from Visionaire, it's simialr to one that goes in the G series bobcats ( i think it's the G series might be F)
    http://visionaire-inc.com/offroadair/heater/R2020.html mine is mounted inside my cab on the roof. I bought the factory vents and will make my duct work out of sheet metal that will be held to the roof by magnets and the 3 vents will allow me to turn the heat any way i need to...will take them tomorrow
    steve

7. xtreem3d

Here are a few pics
    1, the visionaire heater 17500btu mounted to the roof
    2. 3 speed switch and bowden cable for heat adjustment
    3. hoses mounted in open light bay

DSCN0312.JPG

DSCN0313.JPG

DSCN0314.JPG

8. xtreem3d

4. water flow valve connected to the bowden cable inside cab for heat adjust
    5. inlet side of heater coming from thermostat neck
    6. return line gets plumbed into lower radiator hose

DSCN0315.JPG

DSCN0316.JPG

DSCN0317.JPG

9. xtreem3d

7. this is the oil filter cooler. i was originally going to plumb into the inlet and return lines, both 5/8, but after discussing it with NH they suggested using the factory locations to tie into so there are no flow issues
    8. factory vents for duct work
    9. what a factory headliner looks like with 3 vents that rotate and adjust. i am making my own that will adhere to inside roof magnetically for easy removal an no more drilling holes

DSCN0318.JPG

DSCN0319.JPG

DSCN0320.JPG

10. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Steve
    Thanks for posting your heater photos, nice setup
    My Maradyne arrived Saturday afternoon
    IM going to install it on the floor, this roof install seems really ideal and out of the way
    thom

11. xtreem3d

i would have done the same install as you if i hadn't found the visionaire version

12. Comet

Comet Senior Member

Bringing up an old thread, I never installed that Maradyne heater on the floor,
    It would have been in the way big time
    So I had a factory heater installed by Cat back in 1/2012 along with a full enclosure, its real nice

Cat2_800.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  13. xtreem3d

Probably cost more than the Maradyne heater, huh ? :)

14. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

What was the damage on the heater and enclosure installed by Cat?? I really want to do that to my 232B

15. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

What's up with the D-ring welded to the arm?

16. Comet

Comet Senior Member

I use the D-rings to secure the machine to the trailer, I use 4 separate chains
    I have 2 up front and 2 in the rear on swivels so they lay flat against the machine, works out for me

The full enclosure with the factory heater ran 6,200 installed

17. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

How do those rubber ott tracks work out for ya?

18. Comet

Comet Senior Member

They work out great, wish I had them from day 1, I couldnt afford a new track machine so these OTT's where a blessing.
    I have been able to go through deep mud & severe clay conditions & sand without getting stuck (spinning my wheels`wasting time getting unstuck which I got good at) in the summer along with ability to climb snow piles

19. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Fairly easy to take on and off? Pretty pricey??

20. 08rapture

08rapture Junior Member
    from 46574

we got the one from cabincloser.com i think its like 16,000 btu and and 135 cfm and not really impressed with it what is a better one any ideas???