1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cab heater and battery charger

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 04superduty, Dec 2, 2004.

1. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

On another thread someone said they bought a cab heater and battery charger from Canada Tire. It would sit on the trans hump in your truck and keep the inside warm and keep you battery(ies) topped off. Does anyone know if a product like that is offered in the states? i went to Canada Tires web site and they dont sell it online.
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Somebody from Alaska or maybe Montana or such should be able to help you out with this.
  3. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

let me know if you find one i can see canada from my front porch -thats a cool idea id want the heater on a timer of some sort ---or you could have a crazy electric bill depending on how many watts it draws
  4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

I got my own cab heater and batt charger in my plows 800 watts and trickle charger all tied in to tank spray unit that fits in the back of the bronco II's works on timer so its on when i plug in or when i want dont have to clean the windows but still got to warm up the engine before i make a run....
  5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

anyone know of such an item?
  6. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

The cab heater I have is just a cheap 120 volt heater from Wal-Mart but it keeps the windows clear when it is outside in all kinds of weather. Those car specific heaters are very expensive. The equivalent of what I have was about $80 rather than the $17 I paid. Trickle chargers are not very expensive either. Your local parts store should be able to fix you up on that.