1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab enclosure for a JD 8875 Skidder

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Northland, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Hey everyone. I just added a JD 8870 Skid Steer to my fleet. I hope to do some light landscaping during the summer to help justify my purpose. I got a smokin deal on it so I had to buy it. Problem is it does not have an enclosed cab. I am looking for anyone with a new or used cab enclosure for a JD or New Holland of similar size. A factory heater unit would be nice too. If anyone has a line on a salvage yard or anywhere else online I could find one it would be greatly appreciated. Its gonna be mighty cold next winter with an open cab. Thanks

2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Check out cabdepot.com They have a cab that is all glass w/metal frame sliding side windows , wiper for $1400. It looks almost factory. I know that is alot but that is about half of going to a dealer. Another option is found at skidsteersolutions.com They offer an acrylic cab for $800. It has a door w/wiper and side windows. Thats not much more than a soft cab and looks pretty nice too. They have a heater kit for a couple hundred dollars. I am going to probably look at getting one of these for my new machine. I'll take it off in the summer anyways so no reason to spend a ton of cash!!! Good luck!!!

3. Northland

Northland Senior Member

Yeah, i have checked them out... Was hoping for a little better deal than that, but will probably end up going with the one from Sims...