1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cab control has no power

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jeha66, Jan 9, 2010.

1. jeha66

jeha66 Junior Member
    from ny

I have a 2006 Chevy 2500hd with a western v plow. Cab control wires broke below controller and shorted, bought new controller but now there is no power. Traced it back to the isolation module (4 port green tag) and there is no power coming from module to cab control. Can these modules be reset or is it fried? I also read that it may be a lost code from the trucks computer that the dealer needs to reset?????? Any help would be appreciated cause it snowed last night.
    Jeff

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

did you check the 7.5 amp controller fuse just off the iso mod?

3. jeha66

jeha66 Junior Member
    from ny

i didn t see a fuse any where. followed line all the way from cab command control to iso mode....no fuse. where else should i look???
    thanks
    jeff

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

from port #1 follow the harness out 6-12 inches and there will be 2 fuse holders. They are small, black and right in line. One is park/turn (15 amp), the other is controller (7.5 amp). Also have 1 red wire under the dash that should be hooked up to a keyed hot, make sure that it is still hooked up.

5. jeha66

jeha66 Junior Member
    from ny

Thanks, it was the 7.5 amp fuse just like you said. Saved me a lot of hassle and I'm back to plowing. I'll buy you a beer or three or four....Its easy when you know what your looking for.
    Thanks, again,
    Jeff