1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab command or joystick for new 9.5 Western MVP?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by fortydegnorth, Dec 29, 2005.

1. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I just purchased a new 9.5 Western MVP and have the choice of joystick or cab command hand help controllers. I need some advice on what you guys have had experience with. I really like my neighbors joystick on a Boss V-Plow but don't know much about the Western controls. My biggest concern is having to hold the lower button on the handheld until the blade reaches the float position. I am use to the Hiniker control where you just hit the down button and it drops to float automatically. Help I only have until tomorrow afternoon to decide.
  2. BDB

BDB Senior Member

I feel the same you do about the float. I made a bracket to mount it to my center console. Then the controller doesn't fall to the floor if you set it down and hit something hard!! One time out and you'll get used to either cont. I have both and they are both good.:D
  3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I like the cabcommand myself cuz I can shift and operate the plow with my right hand and steer with my left.