1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cab command hand controller questions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by garyg, Dec 25, 2010.

1. garyg

garyg Junior Member

I have a straight blade hand controller. it was working great when first turned on. went to gas station to fill up, after filling up the controller would not work. powers on but no function controllers. i used my jack and lifted the a frame readjusted the slack to get home. after running the diagnostics from the mechanics guide, all functions work except the raise function, test light would not light up. my question to plowsite members is, should i purchase the replacement pc board and cord, or is it better to purchase a complete new controller? what do you guys think of the SAM (aftermarket) controllers?

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

HONESTLY I DONT TRUST SAM AFTER MARKET STUFF YOUR BETTER OFF REPLACING YOURS I JUST REPLACED MY WIRE ON MY TWO CONTROLLERS REAL EASY SIMPLE AND IT COMES WITH INSTRUCTIONS:cool:ussmileyflag

3. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Does the motor run at all when doing the lift function?

4. garyg

garyg Junior Member

yes it does, it works ok all functions for a while, then just stopos altogether. let it sit overnight and it will work fine again. after performing the control test from the mechanics guide-after it was failing, that is when the raise function pin would not illuminate my test light. so i am assuming the pc board went bad? or do you think the cord is bad?

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

The board might be bad, but then it might not...

Some one on here almost had a similar to a close problem..

Paponte, are you going to tell him what you found, or shall I??

Let see if Paponte will explain what he did with his controller...

6. garyg

garyg Junior Member

paponte, any insight to this situation?

7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict