1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab Command Controller - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by timberseal, Dec 14, 2008.

1. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

Just picked up some additional plow equipment in the last couple days and with that I bought 3 cab command controllers off of the guy. Unfortunately it was late when I got to his place and with the condition of everything else I took them for being good when I bought them.

Got them home and plugged them in yesterday to find out none of them would work. Called him and he says they were all good when they left his house and things started to get a little heated.

Here's the situation and I'm looking for some opinions here I guess:.. I have an ultramount currently with a cab command. My controller works great (got it from Drott a while back). I plug the three new ones in and 2 light up / 1 does nothing. One of the units that light up will click the solenoid when you hit right but thats it. He's saying my wiring must be wrong and it had to have fried the three controllers OR that those cab commands are for newer wiring setups than mine. I'm calling total BS but trying to give the benefit of the doubt cause he seemed like a pretty good guy and all at the time.

Anyone know anything about these controllers or a reason as to why they might not work outside of being fried? When I plug my controller back in all works great again. On the controller they have (revision 9, revision 1 and revision 10). My controller is also a Revision 9 so I assume they are the identical model. Sad part is the controllers all look like brand new.

2. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

take em back to his house and see if they work there

3. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

I'm taking them to the western dealer on Monday. He said they came from his brother who works at a western dealer. He doesn't have a western setup any longer. This was all off the truck stuff.

4. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

the one thats not working check the little fuse inside. most people think they are shot and pitch them. but inside is a very and i mean very small fuse. replace it and it should work.