1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cab command control

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Blaine4450, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Blaine4450

Blaine4450 Member

I have a 7.5' western unimount with a cab command control. The control does not have a float light. So I was wondering if the plow still floats when it is all the way down or do I need a control with the float light. I thought I read somewhere that the control is what makes the plow float. Any help would be great! Thanks

2. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

You have to press and hold the down button for a few seconds, then a small green LED will light up, that is float mode. It doesnt work like the joystick where you just tap it back and it goes into float automatically. (a little annoying but easy to get used to)

3. Blaine4450

Blaine4450 Member

I have run other unimount cab command controls that have the green float led but my control does not have that. That is why I was wondering if it would go into float or not. Thanks for the help though!

4. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

thats strange that it wouldnt have a float mode, ive never seen that before. I didnt realice the unimounts had different controllers.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

They dont, all the same controllers.

If you want to check and see if the float function is working, raise the plow and then drop it, hold the down button for a second and then get out and see if you can loweer the lift arm the rest of the way down. If it goes down, youve got float.