1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C8 doesn't work on 7.5 mount?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Puller504, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Puller504

Puller504 Junior Member

My mechanic said an 8 foot meyer snowblade would work on my 1986 3/4 ton Silverado Chevy. I now have a Meyer 7.5 snowplow on the truck. I found a C8 blade in good shape with cylinders and A-Frame, bought it at a good price. Took it to the farm and the A-Frame is 8-12 inches too short to pin into my 7.5 foot lower mount on the truck! Is there a C8 truck mount that's different? This 7.5 foot mount is too far back under the front of the truck to work!? Anyone got any advice or info on what I should do? Fire the mechanic? Any ideas?

2. SnoForce

SnoForce Junior Member

I would change over the a-frame from your 7.5

3. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

sounds like you have the older style Meyer hitch (bumper mounts in front of the lift frame assy.) and the C8 plow has the newer style "shorter a-frame)??

If this is the case then yes, the a-frame of the C8 snow plow will hit the front bumper when raised.

Before I get too far ahead of myself, let me know if this is the situation.

Brian

4. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Boy, I wish you had posted this about 2 weeks ago! I just shortened my A-frame about 10 inches to work with my C8 and EZ mount. My A-frame was originally on a conventional type mount and that sounds like what you have. You can't take a 7.5 A-frame and make it work unless it was a c 7.5, because the sector and A-frame is 11 inches in lenth and the C style is 15 inches. Todd:(

5. Puller504

Puller504 Junior Member

Hi, Brian. Yup, You've got the situation correct. I should've tried to mount the plow blade to my 1986 K20 Silverado before I bought the plow. My 7.5 A-Frame is longer than the C8 A-Frame on the blade I bought. Can I update my lower mount hitch to get the right setup? I can weld and was considering extending the C8 A-Frame but really rather wouldn't. Any ideas? Thanks, Don

6. bnewell

bnewell Banned
    from Ohio

Don ~ several options available......

the short A-Frame that you have is a #13608 and measures 15" X 31" X 23-1/2"

the A-Frame that you need is a #13771 and measures 15" x 39" x 23-1/2"

it would be easier, quicker and cheaper to replace A-Frames as both Sectors are part #12793 and will work with either of the above A-Frames.

I don't think I would try to re-work your current Clevis Frame to work with the shorter A-Frame as it could cause you problems down the road.

You could also upgrade to the newer EZ-Classic hitch system with the tubular style lift frame, although that can get expensive unless you can find a used one.

I will check my stock tomorrow for the used #13771 A-Frame that you need.

Give me your email address and I will let you know what I find.

Brian
    cobra@rrohio.com

7. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

I did lengthen my old trucks a-frame and it worked for 5 years without a problem, but as suggested above, I would take this opportunity to upgrade to the EZ mount. It looks cleaner, and is easier to reach the pins and hook it up.

8. JMR

JMR Senior Member