1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

c4500 diesel question

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fredhedd, Dec 18, 2005.

1. fredhedd

fredhedd Member

i have looked on the net but can not find a site that will give me the specs on this truck. i just bought an 03 diesel and was planning on putting a blizzard plow on it. someone that installs plows told me that the blizzard plow is too heavy for this truck. i dont like to get into arguments and gossip over who said waht and who doesn't know what he's talkinga bout and all that. i would really just like to be able to find the spec page and find out myself but if anyone can give me any solid knowledge or feedback from direct experience about this truck and weight specs it would help me out a lot. i was told to put a very lightweight plow on this truck. it has a flatbed on the back and there will be an adequately sized salter on it. thanks.

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Isn't everything you need on the door pillar?Front axle # etc.

3. Pusher Joe

Pusher Joe Junior Member

Is it a 4x4;If so all you have to do is make spring ajustment.

4. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

what size Blizzard is it if your talking about an 810, that is bs, people put them on 3/4 tons, so in other words go put it on. If your talking about a 10footer that may be a different animal

5. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

You have a 17,500 GVW truck so a blizzard 8611 is what you need. You won't have any problem plowing with that truck. Now you just need to put 3 tons of weight as far back as you can in the bed for traction.

6. fredhedd

fredhedd Member

thanks for your help guys. it's not a 4x4. i was looking at the 8611. there will be a large bed salter in the back. i've got a flatbed back there.

7. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

i have no problems with the 810 on chevy 3/4ton.:waving: