1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C3500 HD timbrens?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dieseld, Mar 7, 2007.

1. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Anyone ever install timbrens on the rear of a Chev. C3500 HD. This is the 2wd model with the 19.5" wheels/tires. There is a breather tube coming out of the axle on the drivers side. Will this be in the way of the timbrens?

2. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

I really don't think you would need timbrens on the truck. If you plan on hauling that much, you will definitly overload the moter. Our 3500hd with a boss 9'2 and ez-8 spreader can hold 3 maybe 4 tons salt max. At 4 tons, the truck weighs in at 22,000 pounds. Way overwieght for that type of truck. What do you plan on hauling?

3. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I do the same as you and load around 20K for a snowstorm. I am looking to get rid of some of the squat under a load. But I figured out the answer to my question so thank you for your help.