1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C30 suspension in a C10?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by djd, Feb 17, 2004.

1. djd

djd Junior Member

I have seen conflicting info while surfing the web.

Will the front and rear suspension of my 74 Custom Deluxe 30 fit in a C 10 chasis? The body on my truck is kind of rotten and I was wondering if it would be doable to find a nicer C10 to build into the 1 ton.
    Thanks
    DJ

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Why not take a nice C-10 body and put it on your 1 Ton chassis?

3. djd

djd Junior Member

Thanks for the reply JMR
    With a body swap you get into all the VIN # stuff. Would prefer not to do that but will if I have to.

4. 75gmck25

75gmck25 Senior Member

The first problem you might have is the rear spring length. Your C30 probably has 56" springs, but the C10 probably has 52" springs. I would also expect the spring hangars on a C30 might be heavier and slightly different size than a C10.

I know that my K25 has a bigger anti-sway bar than a K10, and my rear brakes are bigger (so brake lines may be different). The drive shaft may also be different, since a C10 could have a TH350 while a C30 probably has a TH400.

I think the job is feasible, but I'd want to keep the donor truck around until I was sure I had all the parts I needed.

Bruce