1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"C" Valve

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tboylan, Dec 11, 2009.

1. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

Is there a way to test the "C" valve? Should I be able to see something move? I hooked it up to the battery using jumpers and it clicks but I cant see anything change. The plow sticks to the left and will not angle right. I rebuilt the crossover valve, installed new couplers and the owner had replaced the "C" valve recently but the pressure stays to one side until I start to loosen the "C" valve out of the P.A. block.
    Thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

While using your battery test method look closely into the bottom of the valve. If it's working correctly you will see the internal spool move when you apply power. Doesn't move much so you have to really watch it.

But I'd say by your description you do need a new one regardless.

3. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

I was looking at it from a side view. Should I be looking at from the bottom(like I am trying to look up into the valve??
    Thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct. Looking at the side you won't see a thing, need to look in the bottom. :waving:

5. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

Thanks for your help I think the valve was hung up working great now!:drinkup:
    Thanks Again
    Tom