1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"C" valve swelling?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by dave_dj1, Feb 26, 2011.

1. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I have been searching here for a problem I'm having with my latest rebuild of an E60 (it won't hold an angle) and I keep coming up with a bad or swollen C-valve.
    How does one tell if in fact the C-valve is swollen?
    I do remember I destroyed the C- coil when trying to get it off, i just thought it was rusted on. I put new seals in the crossover valve and that is all installed properly.
    I also see the pressure relief valve could possibly the culprit but the trouble shooting manual says to check the C-valve and go from there.
    thanks,
    dave

2. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

do you have cross over adjusted right 3800 + or- 400 psi

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

put a straight edge on the valve stem. if it is fatter at the base than at the flat end it is swollen.

4. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

to be honest, no, but I have the adjuster just about all the way in. I still don't see how this adjusts the pressure. It must be a hydraulic thing, the fluid must get in behind the disk in the crossover to push agains the poppet and spring?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The coil should slide easily off the valve, the fact you had to destroy it to get it off is a real good sign the valve has swollen. Having the cross-over over tightened will cost you C valves on a regular basis.

6. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

it's not cranked all the way in, a couple of threads showing. I'll pull the crossover valve on my 47 and see where that is set at.
    thanks,
    dave

7. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

Try the C-Valve out of your e-47. Much easier.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

:eek:It doesn't work like that. :nono: every unit is different. It depends on the age and condition of the spring as well as a number of other factors.

9. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

AH! LOL, maybe i'll just order a kit for it, and try the c valve out of my 47 (kind of hate to take that one apart as it's set to go for a backup)

10. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

if you have it ajustment it all the way its going to swell c valve or bust hoses or worse back out ajuster take it and have ajusted it will be money well spent their is no set ajustment on a pump all different

11. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Thanks for all the input, I will get a gauge and set it, after I install a new c valve and a crossover valve. :mechanic: