1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C valve rebuilding E47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Northman, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have 2 C valves now with bad flat back washer like thing above the o-ring seals. What are they and in the kits I ordered to fix this there is white type parts with o-rings. Do these white pieces go in place of the flat black parts above o-rings? They look split or something usual :dizzy:

cvalveseals.jpg

2. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

So are these white parts in the seal package the backers for the o-rings?

On the oem and aftermarket valves right now the backers are black and look solid.

3. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Put new white backers on and o-rings on the newer c valve. Getting way to much pressure from something, blew the biggest backer in half and plow locked to left side with pressure built up on hose fitting. Had to remove C valve to release the pressure off hose.

Where can I find the OEM black one piece backers and not the white split type backers?

I take it you guys dont rebuild valves and just buy new all the time?

4. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

5. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

I tried 2 o-rings being I had no extra backer now (had no choice and thought why not) before doing the cross over valve and I blew the top o ring off just like it did the backer when it cut it in half when it blew it off from pressure.

I partially disassembled the cross over valve cleaned up put it back together and adjusted the bolt out a hair (it was tightened all the way in) thinking I am now not going to have as much pressure being it says adjustable. Is this true on what I just did?

Since I was out of the 1 backer I took the old o-ring and put it on the c valve and now it is working with 2 o rings in place. Just need to get new kit again for backers I guess.

Guess this is good to know in a pinch sometime.