1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"C" Valve bad again

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wsmm, Feb 1, 2009.

1. wsmm

wsmm Member

"C" valve went bad again on my Meyers e47h. This is the second one in about 4 years. They both swelled in the shaft area where it goes into the coil. One was the original Meyers, the other was SAMI part. What is likely causing this. These valves are expensive!!

Thanks,
    Bill

:realmad:

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Cross over relief valve not working properly.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They'll swell the C valve even with a perfectly working crossover...the problem is that that "perfectly working" crossover is undersized for the job and always has been. The CO just can't distribute the pressure shock fast enough which causes it to place the force on the C valve. And after enough repeated impacts it swells the C valve stem. One hard hit will swell it and so will 100 light ones over a period of time. It's simply the nature of the beast.

4. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

it's just the way it is! I just wish they weren't so damn expensive!
    there's got to be a modification to help alleviate this type of problem.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Either not hitting anything, or switching colors is your only viable options I'm afraid.