1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C Solenoids. Do they wear out?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shadowmaker1969, Dec 9, 2003.

1. shadowmaker1969

shadowmaker1969 Junior Member
    from va

Just wondering if they just simply wear out? I have a one that was causing me a problem and replaced it. Can I simply clean it up and replace any rubber o rings and keep it as a spare? If I have problems change it out us it and then do the same to the one in it now?

BTW did a search, found a ton of info but nothing about this.

2. General Grounds

General Grounds Member

:bluebounc they do go bad from time to time, you can check with a test light. if youe trying to function plow and all you get is a cliccking from under the hood check the noid. actually changed one on a buddies truck yesterday..

if you want to check with a test light you simply find which is the battery side, the bat side will light up and be continous, the other side should light up when you try to function the plow if it doesnt replace the noid. tony
  3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

I have never seen one wear out but they do stick and can be damaged if you hit a curb or object causing a severe pressure spike to the valve.
    You can replace the rings and teflon rings and are available in the master repair kit or you may be able to find them locally.
    Check the valve operation buy reinstalling the coil and activating it using a battery, you should be able to hear a good click when the you put the power to it and will "spit" some oil out if its got good movement.
    :rolleyes: John............