1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"C" Solenoid on E47

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by TC-KEN, Dec 2, 2006.

1. TC-KEN

TC-KEN Junior Member

My plow did not angle right and I found the solenoid closest to the connectors to not be magnetized under power. I bought a "C" solenoid kit and when I went to install it I found the bad valve had a red wire not green but was in the position I understood the C valve should occupy. The other valve has a green wire. I remove the valve that I think is bad and the dimensions are the same as the C valve I bought but it looks different because it has no screens on it. Are the B & C valves the same? Were older valves wired with different colors? I have been using this plow for the past eight years with the valves in their current position. I'm more than a little confused and hope someone could shed some light on what I am seeing.

85 F250

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Somewhere along the line someone swapped the B and C coil's around.The B valve and C valve are different but the B and C coil's are the same (exept for the wire colors if course) and they will interchange.The C coil (green wire) should be on the valve thats near the power angle ports.

3. TC-KEN

TC-KEN Junior Member

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. That was the issue. Everything is working great!

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Glad to hear it TC!