1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

c-plow

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by busdriver20, Jan 7, 2009.

1. busdriver20

busdriver20 Junior Member

has anyone made a snow deflector for the c-plow and did it help while pushing?

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

I really dont think there is any way. I just tilt the plow forword a little bit and that really helps with the snow blowing over the plow.

3. Ram4045

Ram4045 Junior Member

can you tilt it a little bit or is automatic upright/back drag mode?

4. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

There is a button for PUSH and a Button for PULL. It will stop moving between positions when you let off the button. I just tilt it forword enough so the top of the plow is 6" or so off the ground. You dont want it tilted down too far incase you were to hit something you want the trip edge to trip not just slam the top of the plow into the obstacle.

5. busdriver20

busdriver20 Junior Member

I am just wondering if a permenant deflector has been made by anyone because i really need to use the plow alot both directions. I was thinking that one could be made to help out on the long pushes.

6. BigJohnsonPlow

BigJohnsonPlow Junior Member

Just do what ABES said. Tilt your top down. This helps a ton. I own two Cplows.

7. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

If its really causing problems, fab something off of the end marker uprights.

8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm sure if it could be done, Hiniker would have already came out with something. Just my thoughts.

9. creativedezign

creativedezign Junior Member

Im looking into buying a Hiniker C-Plow for my Dodge 2500 how do you all like them?

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

If you are doing mostly residential, they are the only way to go. For us we have a pretty good split of residential and commercial so the C-Plow, and the Blizzard 810.

11. BigJohnsonPlow

Like I said, I own 2 of them, an 8' and a 9', and wouldn't be without them. They are used primarily for residential drives. They litterally cut your time in half. HOWEVER. DO NOT USE THE WINGS ON THE 9' Plow. The plow isn't built heavy enough to withstand the side pull when the snowbanks get hard. Actully the 9' has been a peice of crap. Has not held up well at all. The 8' one is still perfect. And for the record, befor everyone goes "operator error", the same guy ran the 8' prior to me getting the 9' on his truck. He has plowed for me for 9 years now and this is the only trouble with a plow we have had. Hiniker did warranty some stuff but they won't return my emails or phone calls. WIsh Western would make one, so i could be done with Hiniker.

12. JKSALES

JKSALES Junior Member
    from Toronto

Have you talked with Reggie at Hiniker?

He is the warranty man!

Jim

13. BigJohnsonPlow

I tried. Sent him several emails with no reply. My Hiniker dealer gave him my number and no reply as well. I'm going to start a thread someday with pics of what happened. The email i sent to reggie had the pics and a very detailed explanation of how it is used and about the operator, before the word operator error could be used, but when they picked it up and brought it back to the factory, that was one of the first things out of his mouth. I also haven't been comensated for my time and labor for rewiring everthing after the plow came off the truck. The lever for locking the plow in place slides in between a chanel iron, and you put your pin through it to hold the lever in the locked position. Well that weld broke, not the pin, therefore letting the plow come unlocked. As he backed up the plow comes unhooked and rips all the wires out. Not real fun to fix. I could weld better than that when i was in high school with a stick welder. Oh well. All this happened last year. This year we ran it without the wings and have had basically no trouble. And yes the same guy is running it with the same truck.

14. JKSALES

JKSALES Junior Member
    from Toronto

So the tab that the pin goes through is where the weld broke?

So after the repair last year, you have run all season with out a problem?

I have seen situations where the plow was not engaged on both sides (plow on angle so passenger side further from truck) allowing the the lock to engage on one side only, which would allow you to pin it normally. A soon as you reverse, the plow comes off the one side and if not caught could break free on the other which would break the welds on the tab. In his case we pointed out what we felt was the problem and he was on his way not to be heard from again.

If I understand right your dealer looked after the factory contact, and you did not speak with them directly?

If you feel it was definitely a product quality issue, I would pursue it, but I believe the warranty repair procedure is laid out in the owners handbook. My experience with Hiniker and warranty has been favorable, but it has to be done by the book.

I also have found Reggie to be a "stand up " guy.

regards

15. 02f250superduty

02f250superduty Member

This is the first plow I have owned but I would not trade my C-Plow for any other plow out there.