1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

c-plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by streetzstylz, Aug 17, 2002.

1. streetzstylz

streetzstylz Junior Member

Ummm what does every one think of the c plow? by hinker is it a good plow or to fancy or what? seems like a good idea to me but seems like there are to many parts that good break to me

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You could do a search on "Hiniker" and get a lot of information. The consensus seems to be that there were a lot of design problems at one time, but they have been fixed. I've looked over the C plow and considered one, but it just doesn't seem worth it to me. I would only use it in the "backdrag" position for maybe 2 or 3 passes on any one job, just far enough clear an area for the truck. With the C plow I'd still have to turn around. There would still be snow up in the frame. If I had a lot of backdragging, I would think a backblade (on the back of the truck) would be better. Then you could just back up to the garage (house etc), scrape forward with the backblade a few feet, back up again and you're ready. Faster with less snow built up in the framework.

However, just my opinion. Someone who actually owns one could give you better insight.

3. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

C-Plow

I bought a C-Plow last year, but only got to use it three or four times. With that limited amount of plowing I thought it performed well.

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I'm sure the C plow has its applications, but it seems they would be limited. If you do a lot of loading dock work it makes sense, or maybe narrow drives that end at a garage, but for overall snowplowing, I'd favor a v-plow of some type. You will save more time with this style over the C plow in the long run.