1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"C" plow???????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chris k, Sep 24, 2003.

1. chris k

chris k Senior Member

Anyone had any experience with this Henicker "C" plow? It looks like it would be great for residentials. A guy that works for me just bought a new truck and is looking for a plow and asked me about this thing. I had never even heard of it before he showed me the pic.
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

It's been out for about 3 or 4 years now and has been discussed here before. I can't recall anyone who uses one, maybe that has changed....
  3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I have no personal experience with them.I have heard some complaints that it isnt heavy duty enough and that there is many moving parts that can break.I do believe just recently they came out with a new stronger version c plow that might be something to look into.
  4. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

I have seen a C plow . looks like a good idea . Can't comment on durability
  5. leprechaun_50

leprechaun_50 Member
    from SW Minn

I have had a "C"- Plow for several years now and while I do not do as much plowing as many here I do think it works great. Backdragging is the greatest. I just got my Dodge this spring and can't wait to try the plow out on it.
  6. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

I was able to inspect one at the CT Groundskeepers Association show this summer. The one I saw was actually their new model which is a TRIP EDGE style C-plow. It looked pretty durable from what I saw. They do also still make the regular FULL TRIP C-plow.

Check their website for more info.

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

It looks like a good idea to me but i have read posts where people do not like them. i have read tha when you back drage in front of a garage door the markers scrape against it and damage the door. try a search you will find plenty of info:)