1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C-plow Value?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by kevlars, Jun 19, 2011.

1. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Maybe you guys can help me out. I found a C-plow for sale, it is a steel, moldboard trip. He says about 6 or 7 years old. Says it has some fatigue cracks in some welds, and needs both cutting edges. Wants $2000 OBO, but I don't think it is worth that much. I was thinking about $1200, with the work it needs. This is for the plow and controller only.

By the time I weld it up, put on cutting edges, and give it at coat of paint, I think I am in the ballpark. What do you guys think??

This will just be my driveway plow, after I get all my commercial stuff done with the new V, I will swap to this one, and hit all my drives.

kevlars

2. Hinkler

Hinkler Junior Member

That's probably fair, it's an expensive tool any way you look at it.

I have new cutting edges, for 8' - 160 a pair for 3/8, 200 a pair for 1/2, delivered to you in IL

PM me if interested

3. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Do you think what he is asking is fair, $2000? Or, what I was thinking, $1200?

I will keep you in mind on the cutting edges, as well.

kevlars

4. Hinkler

Hinkler Junior Member

As long as it functions, 2 is a fair open market price (blade only) for a piece of machinery that we list for 5 new (complete). 12 would of course be much better, especially if you could get him to remove the mount, wiring, and headlight adapters from the old truck.

But a new one is poly and this year the mount is improved.

5. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

I have, new this February, mount and wiring on my truck, so, I don't need truck side. It is the improved mount as well. I just need plow and controller. I plan to swap between my v and the c when I am doing commercial use the v, then use the c when I get to the driveways. It does need some work though.

kevlars