1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C-plow still relevant?

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by sven1277, Dec 25, 2009.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have had a c-plow for 9 yrs. It is great for residentials. I am adding backdrag blades to my 2 blizzards this year for more versitility. To me, this seems like the ultimate plow for any situation, from driveways with garages up to wide open parking lots. What do you guys think?

2. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I have a Speedwing and an 810. I have been running these for 2 years. On all accounts from 3 acre lots to drives. Can not be beat on the lots. Before that I ran an 8' C plow. It sat in the shed for the last year. Put in on another truck this year as a back up/cleanup plow. It is used for that only cause it has the v box and is used mainly for salting. I did use it one day recently and remembered how fast it is on the drives. And it scrapes to the pavement. The biggest drawback is the lack of wings. I will be adding a set of box ends real soon. Where are you getting the back drag edge for the Blizzard? That would enhance one of the most versatile plows out there. Kinda long, but I would like to hear some responses to this also.

3. ernest

ernest Member

The box ends for the C plow from Hiniker are junk , make your own. The ends made a big diff. on the C for keeping more snow in.

4. Cooter24

Cooter24 Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Lets see some pics your box ends. What did you use for the rubber?