1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C-plow on Bobcat.

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by dr.lawn21, Jan 10, 2008.

1. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

For anyone who is thinking of getting a c-plow for their bobcat I would just like to let you know how pleased we are with ours. We have a Toolcat 5600 and the c-plow is the perfect match for this machine. :salute:
  2. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

we would like to see pics please
  3. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Just curious, why would you waist the money for the c-plow when any strait blade would do the same..
  4. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

We plow several HOA's with up wards of 60 small drives on one property. The C-plow works perfect for pulling back the small driveways into the inner roads of the properties. This works 100 times better than backdragging the driveways.

5. dr.lawn21

dr.lawn21 Senior Member

Pull .................

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Always liked the concept of the C -plow... when i had a lot more loading docks i seriously considered getting one.

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Obviously BNC Services hasn't used a c-plow. They work great for backdrag'n. Dr. Lawn glad to hear it's working for you, my buddy loves his.
  8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i used to think the same thing until i used one. having the ability to peel up hardpacked/cruseted over snow when backdragging is awesome.
  9. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, what was your first clue?[​IMG][​IMG]

Anyways. A strait blade mounted to the front of a skidsteer or what ever. Mounted solid without a chain so you can put pressure on it. Would work just as good as that plow with 60% less parts to break. Can be put together for under probably $800....wesport...Now on a truck, thats a different story.
  10. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

Unless you have ever pushed with a "C" plow, which most people haven't, you will always be wondering
    WHY. Trust me it's not even close to being the same. When you pull back, the blade is cutting into
    the snow and not riding over it. When your finished pulling the snow back, you are looking at asphalt
    or cement,,,,,,,,,,,very clean look. Check it out when you get a chance.
  11. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

I use a C plow on a bobcat S250 and i have to agree that it works great for drives. does a great job getting hard packed snow. the only problem i have is that the bolts that attach the chain to the plow seem to break easily. had it break 3 times this season. and just today the bolt held but the metal piece that attaches the bolts to the plow peeled back. gotta go get it welded back on. lame. i cant seem to figure out why this keeps happening. ill be happy when this winter is over. Other than the bolt problem i havent had any problems with the C plow. works great.