1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C-8 to diamond blade swap?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cfdeng7, Jan 7, 2009.

1. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

Hey guys I have a 8 foot meyer c-series ( classic mount with an e 60 pump) on my f350 mason dump. I would like to swap blades to a 8.5 or 9 food diamond trip edge blade. Did not know if this is possible. Meyers website isn't much help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure you can run a Diamond blade and A-frame, you just may need to weld the EZ-Classic/Meyer style pin mounting ears on the rear of the Diamond A-frame if it's a true Diamond.

If it's actually a later model Diamond posing as a Meyer (and it's the same mount series of course) it'll go right on with no mods.
  3. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

You would have to get a High lift frame and and H series pump. You would also have to change your Pull- Away hinges over to the Meyer plow style Hinges, I do these swap over' all the time, not rocket science, just requires some cutting , welding and some steel, I just did one on Wednsday.. To clarify what B&B posted it's only a straight swap on the Diamond MD series plows any pull aways will require the modifications to the A-Frame or Push Beam as Meyer calls it. see photos below of a MD conversion, only difference for a classic would be the style of hinges ( ears)

Here's some pictures of one old pull away that I converted to a MDII

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009