1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

C 8.5 with Pro Wings and E-60 pump.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by firefighter1406, Dec 2, 2009.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Does anybody on here run a C 8.5 with a E-60 pump and Pro Wings? They guy I bought the plow from ran them, I sold the wings when I bought the plow, but now I have some larger accounts and would like the extra width. Is the E-60 pump strong enough to do this reliably? I would like to do this but don't want to make the set-up more prone to breaking. Any help would be great.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The pump will be no more or less failure prone with the additional weight. You'll notice it's a little slower with the extra weight but the additional weight won't cause a catastrophic failure if thats what you're asking. It will however shorten motor life a little since you're asking more of it, but it's simply the price you pay to be more productive. payup

3. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Thanks B&B, I think it will be worth it in the long run.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I would most definitely agree with you. :drinkup:

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I have ran a CP-8 with Pro Wings for 3 season now. I have used both a E-60 and now a E-58h. I have even beefed up the plow with extra steel so i can run the wings on this plow, since it is a poly plow. You will be fine and more productive.