1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

bypass valve question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 76highboy, Oct 13, 2009.

1. 76highboy

76highboy Junior Member

hello all,I have a meyer e47 pump . I pulled the bypass valve to clean it out as unit would pressure up and freeze. not angling one way or the other.now I cant get the valve back in as the first O ring will not slide in . do these get that brittle or is there a trick to this? My first try I got 1/3 way in ,now cant even get started. Thanks for any help.
  2. FBN

FBN Member

They're tricky to get back in but if you search the site I know there is a downloadable manual for the E47 here somewhere. I would bet the angling problem is in the quick disconnects. I have had bad ones on both Meyers I have owned. What happens is the internal check valves in the disconnects get forced closed by the pressure. A quick easy fix is to pop the checks out since they only keep the hoses from leaking when they are disconnected.
  3. 76highboy

76highboy Junior Member

Thanks, that makes sense because I can crack a line to relive pressure and everything works again. at least for a few seconds.