1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bypass the Headlight adapters?

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by stanger86, Jan 5, 2010.

1. stanger86

stanger86 Member

Hey guys I finally got my VX95 plow, only problem is they did not ship me the headlight adapters as they are on backorder until next week. Well There is suppose to be a snow storm coming tomorrow and need this thing functioning. Is there anyway to bypass the headlight adapter and tap off the wire to get these lights working?

2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

You can do it two ways, if you want to be fancy you can cut the vehicle harness and use spade connectors to spice them in. Or if you want to do it quick and clean just spice the plow harness in to the vehicle harness with wire taps, the vehicle lights will work at the same time the plow lights do, if that bothers you just turn your lights to parking lights only. Once you get the adapters hoo it all up properly and use sealer on the vehicle harness where the taps cut in.

3. cuttinscott

cuttinscott Junior Member

What Truck??

I may have a extra adaptor that I could UPS/NDA

Scott

4. stanger86

stanger86 Member

they are the H13 lights for a 08' Ford F250

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  5. cuttinscott

cuttinscott Junior Member

Sorry I did not have that one the part # you are looking for is 16071100 it fits newer style Fords Jeeps and Dodges I mostly stock Chevy/GMC harness and special order others as needed.

Scott

6. ezryder

ezryder Junior Member

I'm needing part # 16071100... But, I do not need pair. I only need 1 side. Anybody have only 1 side? Thank you!

7. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry bud, this thread is OLD (6 years). You will have better luck posting in a new thread.