1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bypass Mode

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by SWC, Jul 15, 2004.

1. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

I was setting the timing on my K2500 93 model 5.7 liter 350 FI.

Theirs a sticker on the breather pan that says to put it into bypass mode by disconnecting the timing wire, that breaks out of the wiring harness behind the electrical junction box.

It's supposed to be a single wire sealed connector, tan w/black stripe.

I can't find it.

Where is it located????????:confused:

2. towman

towman Member

the wire is usualy on the firewall by where the wires go into the cab for the fuse box

3. SWC

SWC Senior Member
    from VA

I thought it might be there, and about 2 dozen other places, but as it turns out, it's located behind a removable cover that's mounted to the firewall on the passenger side.

The cover is label, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, and a couple of other things.

It's held on with 3 long plastic nuts, and the hood light wiring harness clips into the upper right hand corner of the cover.

I always thought the cover was part of the heater motor, until I saw the labels embossed on it.

I popped the cover off, and sure enough, there was the timing wire.