1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

by the push question...

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by curty85, Oct 18, 2005.

1. curty85

curty85 Junior Member

You know, when I was paying for plowing, I got 2 pushes for the quoted price. Is that still true????? That is what I do, I quote a price and push twice for that price. If I have to push more than twice, I double the agreed upon price... Am I gypping myself? :eek:

2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My per push price is for 1 plowing only including cleanup.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Depends on local practice. If that's what they do around there and you're happy with it, go for it. .For instance, if someone within a half mile of me was paying me $100 for a driveway 25' x 100', I'd gladly give them two pushes.

4. bcf

bcf Senior Member

My per push price is for a set amount of snow pushed once. I charge everytime Im at the site. But Mick gave a good example of giving the customer something more, hopefully making them realize the worth of your business relationship.

5. I charge a 1/2 rate for the second or any additional pushes. Seems to work for me and the customer...

6. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

I give the customers 2 pushes for the agreed price. That is up to 8 inches anything over that I charge 1/2 the price every time I go back. They know this up front and it works so they are happy. The up side is that neighbors talk to each other and when they find out that the guys next door pays less but gets more they call me.

I know of too many guys around here that charge less then me but do it by the push. These are the same guys that will go back 3 times for a 6 inch snowfall so the customer pays 3 times.

7. curty85

curty85 Junior Member

Good call, I think I will make my break point 8 inches. I am not expensive and wish that i could charge everybody per season. I would definately make sure that they are constantly kept clean. With my short route, I am out several times per storm as it is for quality control. Ill go with 8 inches and make that a double. - 4 pushes to call it a night. cant wait for snow.:dizzy:

8. TomCappa

TomCappa Junior Member

Don't cheat yourself, especially with the price of gas....I do a per push fee.