1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

By the inch

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by The Boss, Oct 30, 2003.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hi everyone! I need some advice please. I've been plowing on my own for 3 years. All my accounts are straight priced or by the hour. I want to get a feel for bidding by the inch. I thought about setting it up like this:
    12 and over.
    Can someone tell me what they think or if I should change it? Thanks!:waving:
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Looks good for increments. Just a couple words of advise.

1. Put the word "over" in front of the second "3","6'" and "9". What would you charge for these increments, the lower or higher amount.

2. Make the last increment "over 12". Then put the amount for "9-12" + " $xx per inch over 12". ie: 9-12 is $50. Over 12 would be "$50 + $xx per inch over 12".

3. Limit the time frame for billing. For instance, I put in a clause that this is for snowfall in a 24 hour period. 24 hours after it begins snowing starts a new billing cycle.

Hope this helps. You can also get a lot of good information if you look under the Chuck's posting of FAQs.
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Thanks Mick! I'll do some modifications.