1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BX-12 on gravel

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LHL Inc., Dec 8, 2014.

1. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

Hello all, thx in advance!

I am on my 2nd year with the bx-12 and love most things about it, although i do not like the job it does on gravel lots. I am having trouble with it tripping to easily and then it gets gravel stuck behind the cutting edges so they do not come back all the way, then you have to go up to conrete, etc and trip them intentionally to get the gravel out. is this fix as easy as tightening the trip springs or will that put to much pressure on them and start breaking stuff??? any other recommendations welcome!

2. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

Boss reps?? How tight can I crank the cutting edge springs?

3. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

The best solution for this issue would be to tighten the trip springs on the rear of the moldboard. You will be able to extend the adjuster screw up to 1 ¼” from its current position, but I would start by adjusting it about 1” and see if this helps.