1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Bx-12 on ag loader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gr8WhiteNorth, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Gr8WhiteNorth

Gr8WhiteNorth Senior Member

We bought a kubota m95x we wanted to use it to push our extra boss bx-12. The power is adequate, but I'm not confident the loader arms will will hold up.

Any insight would be appreciated
  2. dodge2500

dodge2500 Senior Member

We push one with a John deere 7520 with a JD 740 classics self leveling loader. We have run this setup for 2 years with no problems. Just need a good operator and you will be fine. I don't know kubota tractors well but I wouldn't put the boss bx12 on anything smaller than about a 125 hp ag tractor not because of horsepower but based on weight. The pusher can hold quite a bit of snow and needs a descent weight behind it. That is my experience. You may get along fine with a smaller size machine.
  3. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

I'm guessing you have the LA1301S front loader? Given that a BX12 weighs roughly 2k pounds and the capacity of the front loader is around 3k, you just have to be careful and judge well. Are I don't know if you plan on running counter weights at all, but it would be a good idea. We run a Case 570L skiploader with a BX12 and we needed to put weights on the rear 3 point hitch.
  4. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Be careful who you put in the machine. One bad hit and you will rack the loader arms
  5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I know a guy run a 12 pusher on a Ag tractor loader and He reforce his loader gusset it with a brace in between the tilt area to the lift area with a bar. He said, thats the weak spot of a Ag loader

We run Ag loaders for loading snow or pushing snow back
  6. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

We had a Kubota M135X with a Blizzard 8611PP on it and it counldn't even handle a full load with out spinning out. We also had it fully weighted down. It just seems like ag tractors cant get enough weight to the ground unless its a large tractor.
  7. LHL Inc.

LHL Inc. Member

I have a case IH 210 puma with a bx-12 on the front and love it!! There is not much that can stop a 210 hp farm tractor! I put 1,200 ibs of weight on the 3-point hitch for counter weight, I wouldn't put it on a much smaller tractor or its gonna start taking its toll on stuff...