1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BVR China Loader VS Cat 906H

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Triple L, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Had the chance to demo a china loader today against my loader over at our yard...

Overall it was an ok snow machine, a few more improvements over the years and they'll be somewhat competitive... Air brakes on a loader was different and being a torque converter machine over hydrostatic like my cat

Overall the same size machine the Cat could lift another 1000 lbs more but it also weights more and has about 6hp more if that counts LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUmq31R3rFw

2. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

so did you guys talk about parts at all
    Is there a spec sheet for that loader and maybe yours you can post

Tires look small. I thought you guys would race em down the street. Lol

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Whats the cost of each?

4. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I think the china is $26 on kijiji and the cat $75 ?

5. Triple L

from Canada

China loader does 22 km/h
    Cat does 35km/h

China loader is $31,000
    Cat is about $80,000

China loader is china motor, hydraulics but izuzu axles...

6. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

It wasn't fast, and was slower in getting to top speed. All in all, for half the price, hard to complain, and once parts are in place, it might be worth the risk.

7. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Had to chuckle a little while watching the video, I was in to the local Cat dealer today, and was looking at a 988H they had in for some repair work. I was thinking how nice it would be as a snow machine, though it's actually a bit on the large size.

I actually really liked using a 644 JD loader (20 ton) for snow, it would handle a 16' box with ease, and load trucks in 3-4 buckets for removals.

I think the ideal, all around size would be a 930 Cat, or a 544 JD, or their equivalent. That would handle a 14-16' box, load trucks quick and easy, and still be small enough to do any commercial site that requires any tight corners etc.

8. ScnicExcellence

ScnicExcellence Senior Member

Your cat has high speed option right or is that standard? think it is option.

9. ScnicExcellence

Next week i will probably bring down the smaller unit to play around with see what you think about that one.

10. Triple L

from Canada

I dont know, my cat has every option there is less high flow

Ram5500 likes this.
  11. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

looks like a ok loader, maybe one size larger would be good. That looks like a 904 size.

and for anyone that is looking some one has a NICE 904h for sale on craigs list for 30 grand. low hours

12. greywynd

13. ScnicExcellence

Yea just looked it up, the cat 906 spec says 35km/h is optional high speed and regular is 20km/h

14. greywynd

So those would be also known as 'Duramax' axles? :laughing::laughing:

15. Triple L

from Canada

size wise they're almost the same legnth and heigth and the cat was a bit wider...

16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

31k is cheaper then I thought. As a country we all have to start buying things made here. When I went xmas shopping it made me sick seeing where all the crap we buy is made.

17. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

i think a 908 is a really nice sized machine.

I know of a guy that has 244j's with BX-12 boss boxes and he says they push them perfectly

18. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

It is sickening when you look at labels. I always buy "North" American when possible, and "when possible" is getting harder and harder.

To the original post, that loader looks decent when you look at price. Though, when I first saw it I though the steel from the pivot point forward looked weak and small. Looks like the guy driving it had his knees above the steering wheel too. My experience with China "stuff" , you get what you pay for. It's probably cheap for a reason. It would be cool for someone to run a cat and this thing side by side for a year or more and weigh the results.

19. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Is it me or is that bucket WAY out in front of that machine? Might they consider that "High lift"? If lift arms were shorter it would lift more.

Also got some pretty small looking tires on it, are they standard skid loader size?

J

20. ScnicExcellence

It is a high lift on there.

tires are 20.5 16 they are way bigger then the standard 12 16.5 skidsteer tires