1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Buzzbox .... Not what you think

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Lawnscape89, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Has any one ever heard of one of these? I just got a mailer today and thought it was quite innovative. You can either load bulk or bags and, get this, you leave the salt IN the bags.:confused: Take a look at it here:http://www.buzzboxaction.com/products_bag_spreader.php

Not sure that I would buy one, but someone sure did their homework.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I got the same mailer! I was thinking the same thing that it looks interesting but I really don't know if I would buy it...

3. Lawnscape89

Do you think they got our info from PlowSite? :jester: Just kidding....that was a different post-LOL.

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have wondered where alot of these companies get there information from! I get so much junk in the mail over the year

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I think thats pretty slick. I wonder if the price for the leaf loader is an additional 6k or that includes everything, you could build one hell of a leaf box for well under 500 bucks and get a nice leaf loader for around 3-4k.

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Im all about keep it simple ! I think there is way to much that could go wrong with it.

7. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

buzz box hahha you guys thats been in production for some time, testing really.

its from the guys that owned blizzard plows. they sold off the plows and ran with the buzz box. its a good idea for guys that have no way to load one with a skid or loader. gives you big capacity like a v for bagged product.

its a specfic app if you ask me.

8. Lawnscape89

Agreed. Getting stuck with one of the penetrating rods or cut by the knives seems high on the list. But if you wanted something that was versitile and not dedicated to one function, I think this would be the ticket.

----------------------------------

It looks like the prices are for the complete setup for that function. Each item is listed as Long box with___________. They really should break it down more.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

yea, they are not too clear about what those prices include! seems pretty neat though

10. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

it seems a little bit expensive unless you are going to use just bagged product. It had better include the leaf vac because I can build a kicka$$ one for about forty five hundred dollars.

11. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

It looks ridiculously overpriced in my humble opinion! :blush2:

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Buzzz box? I thought that was slang for a stick welder.....

Never mind...;)

13. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

ya, me too..xysport

14. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Shifting weight

Just wonder about the weight shifting back. V box the material shift down over the bottom as of the box, but it still spread out front to back. In this set up after the you start flowing your load is pushed back. Would it be enough to give you a change in driving?

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buzz Box N 1. A cheap AC (Always Crappy) welder 2. this miniature Whitman sampler box my buddy used to carry......wait that was the seventies:p

16. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Now I run alot of baged stuff and I aways have to get rid of the bags over the years.Stacked empty bags take less room but smashed bags at the end must block the path of salt. But I do like the multi uses of this box just not the price would love to be the test guy..

17. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

and this has an advantage over a v box how? The only time we used bagged was when we didnt have enough accounts to justify a v box cost.

Bags are usually a lot more expensive per ton anyways.