1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BUZZ BUZZ THATS my relay.. HELP!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BigBoyPlowin, Jan 14, 2014.

1. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

Driving down the road today, I turned on my Highbeams and all a sudden I hear a BUZZ from my Trucks relay. Not sure what it is, the lights dim and everything.

When the lowbeams are on everything is fine. I just have no highbeams.
    Replaced the trucks relay and there is no difference.
    When i switch the (Plow/ Truck) switch, Everything works on the truck perfectly. So its definitely in the plow somewhere! Anyone know where? Or what it is?

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Just had an issue like this with my blizzard (also relay system not ISO module). Turn on the turn signals heard a buzzing- turned out to be a bad ground

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

For grinns. First thing I would do is unplug the plow then try the switch again. If you get that buzz then its in the truckside wiring. If it doesn't do anything then its in the plowside wiring

4. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

No problems when i disconnect and try it. It must be something broken off on the plow side. I'll have to open it up and see if I notice anything out of the ordinary.. Anyone know where it might be? lol